Thursday, October 28, 2010

Swatches: Ulta Cocktail Hour

Hey guys and dolls!

I picked these up at the checkout counter when I was in Ulta the other day. I apologize ahead of time that the swatches are just nail wheel swatches but I have a ton of studying that needs to get done and I wanted to go ahead and get this up.
I don't think that all of these colors are necessarily unique - but they ARE really pretty. They are mini-bottles, not full size. The formula was good, and I also liked the brush. They could have been opaque in one thick coat if you play your strokes right. ;) But these are all opaque in two coats, no doubt. They almost have a semi-matte finish when they dry, which they are pretty with no top coat, but after adding a coat of SecheVite, WOW. Sooo pretty. The top coat makes the glitter really pop.
So without further ado, here is Cocktail Party:
(all are clickable for full-size)


From left-to-right: Rasberry Mojito, Cranberry Martini, Sangria, Blue Kamikaze, Black Russian


with top coat


no top coat

with top coat


No top coat
with top coat
Light Rasberry packed with silver glitter.


no top coat

with top coat
Cranberry Martini - a light cranberry color packed with silver glitter.


no top coat
with top coat
Sangria - a hotttt pink packed with silver glitter. I think this might be my favorite! It seems to appear a bit more orange in these pictures than in real life. 

no top coat
with top coat
Blue Kamikaze - I love the name of this one! It's a bright, almost dark blue packed with silver glitter. I don't own much blue polish but I'm really loving this one.

no top coat - seems a bit glossier than the others, don't you think?

with top coat
Black Russian - A basic black packed with silver glitter - although not terribly unique, and quite comparable to my last swatch, Sinful Colors Secret Admirer, in certain light it seems to have some very sparse blue glitter in it. I noticed this the most when I was painting it.  Maybe I'm seeing things though..hahha.

Like I said, not terribly unique. But I still really like them, and except for Black Russian, I don't have any dupes, or near-dupes, of these colors.

All in all, I'm glad I purchased this. If anything, it made my bad day a little better! Ha. And the more I look at them, the more I like them.

I'll be glad to answer any questions that you have, also, here is the link for my photobucket album of these, there are more swatches to be found there.

Now for studying bones and hopefully getting around to fixing this awful mess that is on my nails right now.

Thanks again to the ever so lovely Katrina for getting me two new followers (: <3 If you're not already following her....where have you been!? GO GO GO!

xo,
B

4 comments:

Katrina said...

thanks for the swatches! they're definitely pretty! and aw, congrats on your 2 new followers :)

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful polishes! Glad that I can comment now!

KarenD said...

Hey, I can comment now!

KarenD said...

Sorry, I got a little excited and didn't finish my thought. :) Thanks for these swatches; I got this set since I have a weakness for minis but haven't had a chance to try them and haven't seen much mention of them around the nail blogs.