Monday, July 26, 2010

My first water marble (from a few days ago)

I was so excited to try this! And so glad I went for it. I read/heard that it was actually hard but I found it really really easy once you got the hang of it (meaning I spent about 10 minutes making designs and screwing them up until I got the swing for drying times, where not/to put the toothpick, etc). I was really happy with it until I piled a gob of glitter of it and like 4 coats of top coat! The story behind that many coats is that I thought I was finished, so I slapped on 2 coats of seche vite top coat, and later than night after I showered I thought, "oooh, glitter.." so, I glittered. Two coats of that, and at least 2 more coats of top coat. Am I crazy? I don't know. I couldn't stand how thick it was and I had to take it off. BUT I must say that overall my first water marble was a success! (I really wish I had post-glitter pics!) The gobs-o-glitter and top coat even made the pics turn out funky...must redo soon.

Oh, here is what I used:
base coat,
base color: 2 coats of China Glaze Shocking Pink (neon),
Marble: China Glaze Shocking Pink (neon), Sexy in the city (I think), and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Purple,
the glitter is Pro but I'll have to dig it up and look for the name,
and Seche Vite top coat.

Thanks for looking!
xoxo

No comments: