Monday, July 26, 2010

Inspiration: Rita's dress!

I follow several nail blogs and view a lottt more! This is my 3rd or 4th one, I own the m57 (duh) and the m03 and just recently got the bundle monster plates - yay! I've only starting konad-ing recently, but I'm a long time nail polish collector and and super glad to have something cuter than just plain polish that I can actually do.

So I thought I would post my own "konadicure" and see how it went. It's pretty apparent that I need more konad-worthy stamp colors and/or special polishes. Right now I only have the Black Pearl Special Polish. So I got my inspiration when I was watching Dexter. Rita had on this great dress and fortuntely she did a shoot in it so I have a good picture to go by:

Isn't that a cute dress! I was watching and thought, "wow that would be a cute nail design!" I wanted to do a lacey-ish french tip but my nails are really short right now so I didn't even try! Haha.

This is what I used:
Base coat: Sally Hensen Double Duty (not sure if I like it yet, but I needed a strenthing base coat)
Base color: Sally Hansen - 02 Whirlwind White topped with American Manicure Sheer Effects in Pink Opal
Leaf color: Funky Fingers (super old! do they still make this brand?) Rebel
Flowers: For the blue: China Glaze Sexy in the City, and for the pink: ULTA Flamingo (old?)
and the plates I used were from the bundle monster set: BM03 and BM16 (also found on BM11?)
Oh yeah and rhinstones I picked up from eBay.

Hahah...I should have cleaned up better, sorry!

and here it is: (I'm a n00b)


I'm pretty SURE that my worse problem is cleaning up around my cuticles...the brush that I was using to do it kind of gave out on me. I need to pick up a flat stiff brush at Michaels..


My work space/stamping tester is largely made up of my desk calender..hahha. July is quite decorated.

Tell me what you think!
Until next time,
xoxo.

No comments: