Thursday, November 18, 2010

mobile death-by-toilet & NOTD: Extra-va-vaganza!

First off, sorry for lack of updates. I've been busy with school lately, and will continue to be until after finals I'm sure. I try to change my polish at least weekly, and I think I've been diong that!
So this week, *eeek* I sported OPI Extra-va-vaganza from the Holiday 2010 Burlesque collection. Pictures aren't great, but what can I say. Check out Scrangies swatches. It's an orange-y glitter with silver, and a tiny bit of green in it. I've tried to decipher what colors are actually in these polishes...it literally gives me a headache. They're just so sparkley!

sun



indoors

In other, non-sparkley news, I dropped my phone in the toilet the day before yesterday. I think my cat-like reflexes might have saved it - kind of. I've heard the story of death-by-toilet plenty of times, but never could grasp the concept of HOW it actually happened. Well, now I know the story allll too well. So, luckily, I had insurance on my phone, so I just have to pay a deductible which is just a fraction of the price of a new phone. So, I waited a few hours, tried to dry it out, and eventually came to the conclusion that it was a goner and filed a claim. (I came to this conclusion because although my first death by toilet, not my first death-by-water.) Well, the next morning I woke up, and my phone was working almost perfectly - as opposed to the night before, it was completely unresponsive to any touch other than the physical buttons. (By the way, it's a Samsung Vibrant/Galaxy S). Along with finding that my phone had not truly "seen the light" I also found the new one on the front porch. (Already! I know!) So, I thought about shipping the new one back, but after using my phone, I'm finding that some of the "keys" don't work right. When I type "n" it turns into "bn" or "m" and periods are, "b.c." Which really sucks, because I was stoked about getting a $130 refund!
Oh well, I'll give it until tonight and see what happens.

By the way, my first one drowned in my backpack due to a faulty water bottle lid and a backpack that was apparently VERY waterproof. Hahah! Does anyone else have a sad/funny story about their mobile devices? Any more toilet accidents?

I'll try to do another mani tonight/this weekend for "Thanksgiving" kind of, and I'll post it ASAP.

<3
Britt

4 comments:

Kaylaaaa. :P said...

dude, that so sucks about your phone falling in the toilet. ;( What you could possibly do is put it inside of a bag with rice in it and let it dry that way for a few days? Thats what happened to me like, may of last year? or something like that? I dropped my phone in the toilet and didn't grab it too quick, kind of just stared at it and cussed. lolol, then once I did grab it I called my mom to let her know and it wasn't working properly, so they put it inside of a rice bag and i left it like that for about 2 days and when I used it again, it works perfectly. actually, i'm still using that same phone. ;P

Unknown said...

Ha! Really? that's good! Nah I didn't try that. but both times I used warmth and cool air to dry them. they both dried, but the first still went crazy, trying to call people and such, and this last one. it worked almost perfectly except parts of the screen were damaged where the "n" and the period were. I don't think there's any sound solutions..it's all a matter of the phone, how much water, how long, etc. IT SUCKS THOUGH.

Kaylaaa. :P said...

I agree!

Last night I put a drink beside my phone and it was a sonic cup and I didn't think it's leak or anything, but I woke up with my phone all wet and now the cameras messed up on it. ;( Time for a new phone, asap. I think. :P

Unknown said...

oh no! something like that happened to my friend once, too! D: