Saturday, August 7, 2010

Christmas in...August?

Okay, so this isn't REALLY Christmas-y, but when I saw it, I either thought of St. Patties day or Christmas. BUT it's pretty for anytime. Inspiration for this? None really. I was originally wearing Essie's Pretty Edgy (love love) and decided I wanted to spunk it up a bit. Get ready for some glitter!

Products I used:
Essie - Pretty Edgy
Coastal Scents Hologram Glitter Powder in Jade Green
Sally Henson Xtreme Wear in "Invisible" (clear mixing medium, basically)
Flat paint brush
Orly Tough Cookie Base Coat
Seche Vite Top Coat

Inside (artificial light)
Sun
Truly, these pictures do not capture the complexity of this glitter. It's quite holographic and in different lights sparkles blues/aquas and sometimes gold.


Sorry for the tip wear in some pictures, I didn't take them all at the same time. I used 2 coats of top coat to make give them a nice and smooth finish. For the glitter, I used a palette and some clear nail polish and mixed it up to the consistency that I wanted and just kind of painted it on with a regular paint brush that I got at Michaels. I have several of these glitters so look out for more of these glittery mani's!

xo
Brittany

No comments: